"Maxwell's Silver Hammer" [Decca & the Dectones]

"Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
Decca & the Dectones
Featured on Decca & the Dectones
Don't Quit Your Day Job Records
Released some time between January 1 and April 17, 1995*
Novelty
Cassette
B-

I was a fan of writer Jessica "Decca" Mitford, who would die the following year at age 78.  I feel like I ordered this through The Nation, but I honestly can't remember.  Anyway she gives her eccentric interpretation of the eccentric Beatles tune, and it's charming if you like to hear old ladies warble, which I sometimes do.  Note that Side Two is identical to Side One, and there are only this song and the next.

*I found an online copy of a New Yorker article about this musical endeavor, and the copyright on the case is 1995, so this places it after my '94 albums but before my '95 full-length albums.

Comments