"Those Were the Days - Theme"

All In the Family" opening song, "Those Were The Days." [Audio ..."Those Were the Days - Theme"
AitF cast
Featured on All in the Family
Atlantic
Released 1971
Comedy
Vinyl (probably original release)
B-

I grew up watching All in the Family in syndication, although I was a regular viewer by the Archie Bunker's Place era.  Unlike with M*A*S*H or even Mary Tyler Moore, or some of the other CBS '70s sitcoms, I wasn't a super-fan but, you know, it was part of the '70s.  So some time in the mid to late '80s, I bought this album, which still contains the "special booklet," with background on the show and cast, e.g. "Rob is the son of actor-writer-producer Carl Reiner, is married to actress Penny Marshall and lives in Los Angeles."  I know that the theme song is of course a song, but I'm putting it under "comedy" to fit in with the rest of the album.  And it does have the studio audience laughter.

Comments