" 'Drink to Me Only with Thine Fox' (Mr. Catherwood and Ensemble)"

FST How Can You Be in Two Places at Once album cover.jpg" 'Drink to Me Only with Thine Fox' (Mr. Catherwood and Ensemble)"
The Firesign Theatre
Featured on How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All*
Columbia
Released July 1969
Comedy
Vinyl (possibly original release)
B-

So my same-age cousin who grew up on a hippie commune in Vermont was the FT fan, but I enjoyed/ was baffled by what he played of them, so I got my own albums at some point in the second half of the '80s.  And I'm still somewhat baffled by them, although a little quicker to pick up on references to Steve Reeves and Agnes Moorehead.  (And adding to the bizarreness more than a half century after this was recorded, the car customer wants to make the man on the radio's face "more orange.")  From what I recall, there was usually a bunch of funny but incomprehensible shorter bits and then one stand-out longer sketch per album.  So don't touch that dial, hand me the pliers.

*There is no question mark in the title.

Comments