"Tutti Frutti"Little Richard
Originally released October 1955
Featured on "Little Richard Collection"
Rock & Roll
Cassette* (this version obviously, originally vinyl)
B-
Unlike the Cab Calloway three-CD set, I don't know where, when, or how this little cassette entered my life, for $1.99, and in fact I had half considered buying a Little Richard CD for this project. But it turned up when I was trying to bring a little order out of the chaos of my music collection. (And honestly, it's still mostly just divided into "older than me" and "younger than me" at the moment.)
I know, B- seems really low for such a pioneering, influential song. But, well, this sounds sort of Steve-Allenish of me, but the lyrics were really redundant. And though I danced a bit, I didn't want to cut loose. I don't really have a "favorite" Little Richard song, but I'd probably put "Long Tall Sally," "Good Golly Miss Molly," and "The Girl Can't Help It" above this one. But we'll see. Twenty songs this time, ten on each side.
*"Cassettes" or "tapes"? I'm going with the former.
Comments
Post a Comment