I know, it's a strange time to launch a blog, but it's a strange time to do anything. The plan is to listen to my chaotic music (and other sound) collection in zigzagged chronology, that is I'll start out doing pre-'60s, but there are many best-ofs, mix tapes, and miscellanies. Not to mention that I hope that when the new normal begins, I can get records and CDs (and maybe tapes and other formats) at local stores in a serendipitous fashion.I will review each song (or discrete item) as both a stand-alone and part of its larger whole. That is, I will grade the item but also talk about whether it's on an album (or mix tape, or what have you). Unless it's a single by a one-hit wonder, but even then, I'll note the B side. I will list artist(s), studio, genre(s), and original release date (if knowable). I will also talk about what the song (or sound) means and/or has meant to me. It is strange to be doing such a non-visual blog (and, yes, technically, I "own" songs in videos and TV shows and movies as well). But I will try to include album art or any visual elements packaged with the song (or sound).
So tune in tomorrow, when we'll go back almost a century....
Comments
Post a Comment